Folding Facade 2.0

October 31, 2012


When I first saw this image, I was immediately reminded of another folding facade. One of my earliest (and most popular) blog posts was for a folding mirrored facade by BEHF... and the funny thing is that it was also in Austria!





Of course, as soon as I saw more, it is clear that the program is completely different. But, you've got to think that the two buildings are at the very least sharing technologies. This project's facade by Ernst Geselbracht + Partner is so similar that it almost makes me wonder if the two firms have had any cross-over. Of course, the other possibility is that folding facades make a lot of sense as a shading device, and the technology is available in Austria, and therefore more widely used. :)  Any chances we'll see a folding facade in Seattle any time soon?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe