Invigorating

October 26, 2008

Ok... just to warn you, I've got a ton of photos of the Venice Biennale (some of them are labeled, more are not). If you ever have a chance to visit, I would highly recommend it... Especially, if you are like me, and feeling a bit jaded by work. The Biennale was so invigorating and refreshing, and really reminded me of all the things I love about architecture... Oh, and I saw David Adjaye. But, don't worry... I didn't run up to him like a groupie or anything!

UN Studio
.


Scotland
.
Romania?
.

.
.
Lot Ek?
.
Luxembourg
.
.
I should really remember this firm... especially since I know they are Seattle based...
.
Australia
.
Belgium (After the Party)
This was my favorite installation... more than any other installation, you really experienced this space.
.
Beligium
.
Ben Nicholson (a former professor of mine... a bit disappointing, but fun to see)
.
Brazil (original exhibition structure)
.
Original Carlo Scarpa Structure
.
Norway (those sliding glass doors are INSANE)
.
Droog (One of my all time favorite design collaboratives)
.
Frank Gehry (he should really stick to furniture)
.
Frank Gehry
.
Herzog & deMueron
.
Israel
.
Ove Arup
.
Russia
.
Zaha Hadid
.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Subscribe