Pecha Kucha and Polaroids

February 16, 2008




Last week a friend and I attended Seattle's latest Pecha Kucha... We didn't stay the entire time, mainly because it was so hot inside, but also partly because I wasn't completely taken with the material. Still, there was one slideshow that I found particularly interesting, not only for the content... but also because it opened my eyes to the fact that polaroids are disappearing! I'm very sad to say (although most of you probably already know) that Polaroid has stopped making cameras as of 2008 and as of 2010 will stop making film. I personally have very fond memories of childhood polaroids, and it really seemed like polaroid photography was making a comeback, so I'm very sad to see them go! I wonder if there will be a grassroots movement to save polaroids, similar to saving gocco.
.
.
.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Subscribe