Everybody's got a Bu

January 18, 2008


Note: The photos in this post have been deleted as the result of a letter I received from the photographer's public relations representative. While my Spanish isn't perfect, I understood enough of the letter to know that they didn't appreciate me posting the images on 'my commercial website'. I think its arguable whether or not this website is a commercial endeavor, however I must respect the artist's wishes. If you're interested in seeing the photos, please click through to the original website.
.
.
.
I was initially drawn to this project by Sunday Melendo and Francisco Parron because of the beautiful contrast of light and shadow in these crisp white boxes. Its quite a modern and almost clinical solution for a grandparent's multi-generational home... Where are they going to put all the picture frames? But nonetheless, the contrast between light and dark (and light and lighter) is spectacular.
.
But I must admit that the photography for this project really gave me a chuckle. It seems like nearly every published project has to place a corbu chaise lounge somewhere in the interior.... and this project has made the bu (as C calls it) the focal point of nearly every photograph! But, the bu really does look good in this project... C and I also have one (he bought it for me as a graduation project), but unfortunately our tiny house just doesn't do it justice. It doesn't have the room to breathe that the chair deserves and needs (and receives in this project). Still, it seems clear to me that the architect didn't direct the photo shoot, or the chair would have taken more of a backseat to the architecture.
.
.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe