A Great Place to Learn

July 02, 2010









Well, it has been a long week and I'm tired, so pardon me if I'm not totally coherent!
.
First off... let me say that I just love this Granada elementary school by Alejandro Munoz Miranda. I have featured a few schools on this site, and they are all actually quite similar. I'm not sure if this shows a common trend or (more likely) a common thread in my tastes.
.
I am a big fan of minimal design... Unfortunately, I live in a region that seems to have a physical reaction to the idea of minimal (regionalism and craft are all the rage here). So many architects, designers, and especially clients seem to think that minimal automatically means cold. But, as you can see here... it doesn't have to at all. A minimal structure can still be warm, inviting, an colorful!
.
Although I wish the photos included the students actually using the space (why are architects outside of Dwell so reluctant to show people using their buildings?), I can imagine how much fun kids and teachers would have in this building.
.
All in all, I really like this project and would love to see it first hand (preferably during the days when students are running around!). Does anyone want to send me to Spain? My bags can be packed immediately! ;)
.
.
.



You Might Also Like

1 comments

Subscribe