I Could Not Love This More

March 23, 2011











This home, a comment on the archetype is absolutely fantastic. Designed by Portuguese architecture firm Aires Mateus, the home modernizes a classical house form. Rather than directing the residents' views outwards beyond the home, the light in this home is provided from the 3 story courtyard allowing for inward reflection and communication.
.
While I realize that this house isn't for everyone... I absolutely love it. It is a daring person who is willing to plunk this house down in a traditional location, but living in it would be like living inside your favorite sculpture (which to me, sounds fantastic).
.
I've been looking at this project for over a week, and I just can't stop going back over and over again.
.
.
.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Subscribe