Casa X5

March 30, 2010










Anyone who reads this blog regularly will know that I love minimal design... and I love clean simple lines. The big criticism that most people have about minimal architecture is that it is impossible to live in... I've never agreed. In fact, I think that minimal design can actually be easier to live in and certainly easier to clean. When everything has a place, you never have to wonder where to put things. I think the big problem is that architects tend to photograph their minimal designs while they are still completely empty. Or, they might add a Corbu chaise lounge as sculpture. Honestly, I prefer seeing the photos of homes with all the typical objects you would find in a house, like this one. Check out that little girl's room! I don't think it distracts from the architecture at all... in fact, it lets me see exactly how the building is used, which is what architecture is truly about after all.
.
Beyond the photographs... the lighting in this particular project is really nice. I like the way the architects have used lighting to delineate space, whether at the tops of walls or along lengths of the ceiling.
.
I'm looking forward to checking out more designs by the architects, MZC Architettura.
.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe