2X BEHF

March 02, 2010



I feel like I should hate this project by BEHF.... The colors alone should be way too much in such a large structure. And generally, I would find the rotated floor plates a bit heavy handed. But for some reason, I really like this project. Maybe it is because I know that the high-rise is located in the Philippines. It just seems totally appropriate for a tropical city. I wish I could read the German on the website to see if it actually is slated for construction.




Of course, the retail space above has already been built, so we don't have to wonder about what would actually make through the design process. Personally, I don't have strong feelings one way or the other about the interior; there's nothing wrong with it, but I do feel as those I've seen it before. But the exterior... now that is lovely. I love the way the canopy engages the street; it's both welcoming and protective. I can easily see that store becoming a meeting place... it would be easy to recognize, and fun to visit!
.
.
.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Subscribe