Minimal Tomb

October 27, 2009







I've spent an inordinate amount of time in cemeteries... Growing up in Massachusetts, we'd often make field trips to Boston cemeteries along the freedom trail. What kid doesn't want to see where John Hancock is buried? Then while studying in Chicago, we'd often make field trips to the famous Graceland Cemetery, using the architect designed tombs as sketching assignments. And this isn't even taking into consideration all of the cemeteries my history buff father took me to while checking out battlefields and forts!
.
But, I have to say that this is the coolest tomb I have ever seen. The minimal concrete structure was designed by Roland Poppenseiker for photographer F.C. Gundlach. The structure is built of pre-cast concrete panels, with Gundlach's photographs etched into the concrete.
.
For more info, check out Plus Mood
.
.
.
.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe