An Early Morning

January 09, 2009

So, this morning I got up at an ungodly hour to speak to my sister in law's high school students about being an architect. It was actually a fun time and the kids asked good questions... I tried to give them a realistic view of what an architect does on a daily basis. I just didn't mention the current state of affairs, which for too many architects means they are looking for employment. I didn't want to scare them away before they even started!
.
Also, I wanted to mention my new daily photo feature... This is obviously today's photo, and I'm sad to acknowledge that 1-1/2 weeks into January, I've already missed a few days of photos. Believe it or not, I haven't actually forgotten to post or take a photo any of those days... and the missed photos aren't due to the usual excuse - laziness. I been plagued by two problems in trying to take a photo each day; one I should have been prepared for and the other was totally unforeseen. First the unforeseen - the lcd screen on my camera broke on Jan 1. I realize that I can take photos looking through the viewfinder, but the bright white light emitting from the screen blinds me every time I look through the viewfinder. So, I don't exactly feel like setting up the right shot. The other problem is Seattle's abysmal weather. It is rainy and grey every single day. I hate taking photos with the flash, but there never seems to be enough light otherwise. Its not exactly inspiring. I originally thought taking a photo a day would help me to improve my photography (something I quite enjoy), unfortunately I think my photography skills are suffering. But, enough complaining from me. I'm going to continue to try and take a daily photo... and on days when the photo is boring, or I miss one (one of these has been true every time so far), you all will just have to deal. Or skip that post.
.
Here's hoping there are some nice photos in our future!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe