Transformer Patio

November 24, 2008







You are probably already aware that I'm really interested in multi-purpose design... so in some ways, this project is really appealing to me. There are a lot of elements that I really like... the dense, well organized use of space, compartmentalization of program, and simple, clean materials. And yet I just can't seem to bring myself to love this project. Certainly, I like it, but I can't quite love it. The small vignette photos are really lovely, but the overall image is exactly how I imagine the patio is in real life - overly crowded. Sometimes, you can cram too much program into one space. Still, this transformative patio by Pique is a great example of tactile/movable architecture - as much space as object.
.
.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Subscribe