Na Kozinci

November 17, 2008





A series of 61 residences by Czech firm ADR... the structures use light and repetition to great affect. The materials and forms are quite simple, but small adjustments lend themselves to an interesting overall composition. I'd be curious to learn more about the income levels of the residents... I mean, have these been done on a budget, or are high income households expected to live in photocopy homes (lovely, but all very similar). My favorite condo project in Seattle is struggling, because of a discrepancy between intended buyers and actual buyers. The project was very well designed and constructed, but no one of the desired income level wants to live in a condo in its particular location... As someone who is ultimately attracted to good design, I still wouldn't want to live in a townhome exactly like my neighbor's. So, I just wonder... who is living here?
.
.


You Might Also Like

4 comments

Subscribe