Pre-Fab to the Extreme

February 25, 2008


Rocio Romero has got quite a few interesting pre-fab designs under her belt... Although, I think in practice that most of these designs could be even more streamlined... the plan above is a one bedroom in 625SF. Our house has 2 bedrooms in less than that. While I realize that not everyone want to live in the equivalent of a dorm room, I think that if you're willing to build/buy a house that is only 625, you'd probably be up for making the most of the space.
.
But whether you think that this particular house could handle some tightening of the spaces, I'm sure that we can agree that RR's latest design is probably a bit oversized! Somehow, 3000SF pre-fab homes just don't make sense to me. I mean, isn't part of the appeal of pre-fab the ecological advantages? And really, unless you've got a family of 12, there is no way that you can justify living in a 3000SF home with a pool as green. Not to mention the fact that so many of the house's aspects are clearly site built... you have to wonder what the benefit is to pre-fab in this case? I'd love to hear opinions...
.
.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Subscribe