Snohetta on Wide Angle

July 25, 2007

Last night C and I were watching Wide Angle's documentary on Snohetta's experience as an architecture firm vying for a prestigious project in Ras-al-Khaimah. I was planning on writing all about it today, but John beat me to the punch... I don't have much more to add, except that I thought it was particularly interesting to watch the architects and the sheik (and the sheik's representatives) communicate. It always amazes me to see designers and clients around the world conversing in English, with most of them possessing a better grasp of the English language than the average American. Its all a bit embarrassing. I don't personally have much of a chance at learning Arabic or Norwegian, but I do think I will work on regaining a modest mastery of Spanish. It seems like the least I should do...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe