OMA does delicate?

May 28, 2007

I recently saw this image of a proposed inhabited bridge at Jebel Al Jais Mountain Resort in UAE by OMA. Its part of a proposal by OMA, which also includes an inhabited dam and a vertical village in the mountainside. The image really caught my eye because I think its a bit of a departure from a lot of OMA's work. While the village and dam are reminiscent of earlier work, the lacy facade of this bridge provides a delicacy not usually evident in Rem's designs. I typically think of his work as chunky extrusions of a flow and use diagram, but this image even offers some illusions of delicate decoration. I'd be interested in seeing even more of this project, if only to compare the design intent with other OMA projects.

Via Dezeen

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Subscribe