Our Temporary Digs

March 07, 2007

Well, the movers came today. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but of course there was still some damage. As I had feared the only damage on any of our belongings was to the only two items worth anything...

The coffee table that I made has a huge chunk missing from the corner. When I have some spare time, I'll have to try and repair it.

And of course, just as I had worried... there was damage to the couch. Although surprisingly, the damage wasn't to the fabric or stuffing portion. The sofa arrived in great condition, and I watched the movers bring it into the apartment. And then just when I thought everything was ok, I watched one of the movers drop a metal leg onto the pavement, where is broke in half. So, now the couch is sitting on the floor until we can figure out a way to buy another leg or have one re-cast. Ugh.


So now, pretty much everything that we had in storage is now in the bedroom (of our one bedroom apartment), while we live in the rest of the apartment as if it were a studio. Its going to be a fun time while we hunt for a house to buy and a more permanent place to live! But, now that we've got everything back I have no excuse to not study! So I guess its back to the books for me...


You Might Also Like

2 comments

Subscribe