It figures...

March 10, 2007



Now, that I am almost done with the ARE, they have decided to change the exam formats. The multiple choice and graphic divisions will be combined, which will subsequently decrease the number of exams from 9 to 7. The changes won't be going into affect for at least a year, but they are coming.

I'm sure there is going to be a lot of conversation regarding the difficulty or ease of the new format. People who have already taken the exams will probably think that their 9 tests were more difficult... and I'm sure that people taking the new version will argue that the new combined format is more difficult. I for one, think that NCARB maintains a certain percentage of passes and fails no matter the difficulty of the test, so it won't make a difference. I'm a little bummed about having to pay for 9 tests instead of 7, but they'll probably increase the costs of the tests to make up the difference.

I haven't yet figured out how to post a pdf, so if you are interested in learning more click here.

Also, as a side note, this information is not yet available on the NCARB website, and since I found it through another forum I can't verify its authenticity. However, it sure looks like the real thing and the changes they are proposing actually make sense, for once.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe