Maggie's Center Inverness

February 21, 2007


Page/Park Architects has recently been awarded the £25,000 Royal Incorporation of Architects in Scotland (RIAS) Andrew Doolan award for its design of Scotland's fourth Maggie Center.
I can't say that I'm the biggest fan of the design, but I'd have to see a bit more before I am too judgemental. However, I really like what the Maggie Centers stand for...
Maggie Keswick Jencks was married to the architectural theorist Charles Jencks. The two believed that 'good design could influence good health'. Following Maggie's death from cancer, the Maggie Centers (all designed by local or reknowned architects) were created and built to act as a caring environment for patients and their families... all with the idea that good design breeds a healthy body and soul.
Like I said, I'm not convinced on this particular design... but I really like the concept.
For more info on this project and the RAIS award check out the BBC article.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe